Friday, September 19, 2014

Restful Harbor


Summer got away from me this year. I had fully intended to fill a sketchbook with drawings. I schlepped around my watercolor palettes and blocks of paper, hoping to get in a bit of outside painting. Those good intentions (buenos propositos, our Spanish speaking friends call it) never happened.

So instead I offer this somewhat artsy Photoshop manipulated image of the Edison plant and a sailboat at anchor, taken in Harbor Beach one evening.

Here's what I started with.


And lest you think, dear reader, that Photoshop is a scourge brought about through our digital world and the screens that we use, do remember that even Ansel Adams took his images to a darkroom and played artist. The image starts in the eye of the photographer, is filtered through a camera, and becomes even more than what was apparent in once glance.

Art is like that. This one, to me, is restful.





No comments:

Post a Comment