Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Purely Pink Penstemons


I got mixed up in identifying penstemons versus salvias last week. This purely pink flower should be a penstemon. I came upon a whole sea of waving penstemons while out on my morning walk.


I could tell you a little more about them, but I do think that a picture is worth a thousand words when it comes to Arizona's spectacular spring wildflowers. For all you golfers, that is the Gallery Golf Course in the background, home to the Accenture Matchplay Championships for several years before the tournament moved to the Ritz Carleton golf course further up Dove Mountain.


Here are the spikey penstemons constrasted with vibrant yellow brittlebushes and a tall saguaro, a very desert scene for the Tortolita Mountains on Tucson's north side.

1 comment:

  1. These colors are making me crazy!!! So wishing for some sunshine and color outside here. Won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete