Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Supposed to Be


Are the presents wrapped? Cookies baked? House cleaned? Cards sent?

This is the month of holiday stresses. Yet, upon opening my daily allotment of chocolate (two pieces of the Dove dark) I was greeted with the above message.

"You are exactly where you are supposed to be."

Someone who writes the copy for the wrappers must have known that the strains and stresses of life are soothed by a chunk of chocolate. These words, while not very quotable and certainly not memorable, were a help to me that day, nonetheless.

At that moment, eating my chocolate at the end of a good day, I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Dove Dark helps soothe the stresses and stains of daily living. Dark Chocolate is one of God's wonderful gifts to the human race!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Chocolate is a vegetable at my house. The formula goes like this:

    Chocolate = cocoa = beans = veggies!

    ReplyDelete