Monday, December 10, 2012

Saguaro Sisters


I am told that these saguaros are called "The Sisters." They are part of a cluster of four huge saguaros on the left of the fairway, almost to the green, on the Number Nine Hole at The Highlands of Dove Mountain Golf Course.

I finished my nine holes of golf, well after sunset on Friday night, and then picked up my camera and turned to the southwest. This photo was taken at 5:48 pm. Sunset on that day was at 5:19 pm. Readers of this blog will remember that sunset golf has been my game this week.

At the center of this photo is Kitt Peak. To the left is Twin Peaks. To the right are The Sisters, lifting their chubby cactus arms in praise of the end of another day in the Desert Southwest.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment