Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sunset Golf


I whacked off a nine hole round of golf one night this week. It was a magical late afternoon in desert country. Views like the one above kept me from concentrating on my game too much.

I know that golf is supposed to be a social game, but I am an exception to the rule. I like playing a round now and then by myself. I keep track of my scores and know when I do well or not. This was a good night. Wanda didn't play the best she has ever done on the Front Nine, but it was a better round than usual.

The above image of Twin Peaks in the Tucson Mountains with Kitt Peak in the distance was taken from the green of Hole 7 at The Highlands at Dove Mountain. I did bogey that hole, a par three.

The photo was taken at 5:12 pm, according to the metadata (that's the digital "signature" that cameras insert into every photo). Sunset was 5:18; dusk was 5:45.

It was a beautiful night in the desert Southwest.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment