Monday, December 31, 2012

Cat Visitor

Wet prints -- the clue

I stepped out onto the rainy west patio this morning and found tracks. Aha, a visitor! Where could he be?

See him? In the center of the photo, in his cat camouflage?

Looking up, I realized who was watching me -- the bobcat who frequents our desert home near Tucson. I've spotted him trotting between houses. We see bobcats on the golf course. One neighbor, out sweeping his driveway, looked up to see twin young bobcats watching the action of the broom.

This bobcat has tiger stripes, like our Mr. Bernie, the 26-toed cat of yesteryear
 
 
This cat is sleek. He sat and preened. Then he licked his paw and rubbed his ears. He sniffed and studied the area for quite a while. I didn't have a jacket on and at 41 degrees outside, I was ready for some warmth. So I let him to his feline thoughts and headed back into the house, knowing that our watch cat is on duty.
 
Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler


No comments:

Post a Comment