Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Projects Completed and Jim-Jams



I had projects to finish before we left yesterday. I am a typical Child of Val, sewing and hemming and knitting just before a big event. I'm sure that I was hemming prom dresses and wedding gowns right up to each big day.

Max's quilt is finished. Liesl and Max picked out the fabrics, Liesl pieced and I quilted. It's a long twin, 72 inches wide by 101 inches long. Great job, Max and Liesl. I had a great time with the threadplay that went into quilting this starry quilt for Max.



Miss Vallanee Rose has her first cardi from Grandma Wanda's knitting needles. Vallie is growing fast and I scuttled to get her sweater done and delivered to her house before we left for England.

The redeye flight from Detroit to London was crammed. I had a movie ("Joyful Noise" with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton) to watch on my Kindle Fire. I slept an hour or two. It was very cool to see the waning moon, still quite bright, floating in the clear dark sky over the cloud deck above the Atlantic.


Here's a British word to consider -- jim-jams. We saw this sign advertising a hotel chain while waiting for the Heathrow Express to take us to Paddington Station. The signs says "Jury's Inn warmly invite you to finish your presentation in your jim-jams."

Jim-jams. After a trans Atlantic flight, five hours of time zone change and adjustment to the city surroundings, I'll be ready for my jim-jams tonight!

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment