Tuesday, May 1, 2012

IKEA Agaves


Sue, my landscape person in Arizona, left me some agave pups way back in February or March. She dug them out of the landscaping and thought I might like to pot them up. I let them dry for several weeks and then tackled the job of getting them into pots.

The plants were twisted and jerky looking when I left Arizona in mid-March. I found a sheltered place for them, next to a wall in filtered east light with an irrigation spaghetti line close by. Sue said she'd watch and move the water line from pot to pot.

The twisty, jerky plants are liking their pots. They are growing and look great with the little IKEA children's chairs against the adobe-look wall near the front door. The pups got to spend several days looking swell. Then the chairs came inside and the pup pots got returned to the filtered light garden where they will spend the hot desert summer.

Ah, color and plants. A great combination, along with people who like stuff that grows.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment