Friday, August 26, 2011

Yarn Bombed



My knitting friend Kathy Kent yarn bombed a tree outside of the Graywood Designs Studio Store this week. Here I am, holding a sign that says "We've been yarn bombed!" and the blue patch of knitting tied to the tree is the bomb.

Yarn bombing is often an urban occurrence. Brightly colored squares and strips of knitting and crochet appear wrapped around poles and trees and along fences in cities. The needlework proves durable and decorative. It's a way for knitters and crocheters to brighten up the landscape, sort of an urbanly nice graffiti.

Since today is the closing day for the Studio Store on Main Street in Pigeon, Kathy's well knit bomb (with I cord ties, nonetheless!) touched my needlework soul. And how did she let me know about the endeavor? She sent this text:

Graywood Designs has been YARN-bombed!
 (Hope you like it.) :)

Yes, I do like it! It's great to have friends with yarn bombs in their back pockets.

Photo by Danielle Damen
August 25, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment