Sunday, August 14, 2011

ATC: Pure Michigan



I absolutely love the Pure Michigan ads. In Michigan we hear the radio spots. Out of state people get to see the television ads. Pure Michigan billboards dot the interstates and highways as you drive into Michigan.

Michigan actor Tim Allen (of Tool Time and Toy Story fame) does the voice overs for all the ads. The photography is outstanding and the scripts are compelling. My all time favorite ad is the radio spot called "Gone Fishin'" It goes something like this -- Gone fishing. Gone hiking. Gone walking. Here in Michigan we know the value of putting "gone fishing on the door for the day and getting out into Pure Michigan's wonder. Gone swimming. Gone hiking. We're gone to our lakes, our rivers, our beaches. We get off the mountain of work and are gone camping, gone boating. . .you get the idea.

I get teary eyed when I hear that ad. It brings things into perspective and makes me want to do something different, to go play because the summer is short and so is life when you really think about it..

My second favorite ad is a television spot called "Trailhead" in which, I am happy to brag, our son William Eichler did the video photography. It's another beautiful, short, motivating tribute to Michigan.

Today's image is one of my ATCs (artist trading cards). I've used a rubber stamp image that says "Gone Fishing" over a watercolor wash background. The ATC highlights the sentiments of the Pure Michigan ad campaign.

Rubber stamp image by Inkadinkadoo stamped in vintage sepia.

ATC Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment