Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bat and Spiders



It was one of those mornings. First I spotted an almost perfect spider web, inside the house, attached to the bouquet of daylilies that I had cut and placed on the dining table the day before.

Then Ed spied a critter in the sunroom. It was a bat and it was trapped.

I photographed the spider web and then demolished it. The bat took a little longer to release into the daytime light. We had to coax him out of the space between a screen and window where he took refuge from the humans who really wanted him out of the house.

So, should the presence of a spider web and a bat tell me anything? Yep, fall is coming. Critters want to be inside where it is warm and soon we will be thinking the same thing.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

1 comment:

  1. Knock on wood! I've been "bat free" all year. Bats usually try to come inside during August and September. After two years of exterminators, I hope we've succeeded in preventing their interior visits.

    I'm sure some of my friends appreciate that too, since a bat inside my house does not, much to the consternation of those friends, live to see another day.

    Bill Esch

    ReplyDelete