Monday, February 24, 2014

Late Winter Walk


The sun played peekaboo with snow showers when I went for a morning walk today. Ice and snow are still covering White Rock Shoal, but the ice floes on Lake Huron drift and move, often revealing huge expanses of open water.


I couldn't resist one more winter self portrait with the gentle snow falling in the quiet woods. I'm wearing my Softie Hat in green wool, one of my knitting designs. The striped cowl is from one of last year's Knit Alongs that we sponsor on the knitting website that I own, GraywoodDesigns.com.

The temperature was 19 degrees at 5:30 am this morning and it hadn't gone up much when I went for a walk just after 8 am. It will be a big surprise if any of this snow is still here one month from now. Usually, in this part of Michigan, the snowstorms tend to dwindle by St. Patrick's Day. Then the rains come, the frost leaves the ground, and it will be time to smell the soil again.


1 comment:

  1. Great job on the hat and scarf, Wanda. They look really nice!
    Lori L.

    ReplyDelete