Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fermented Art



Pen and Ink class, five sessions long, is over and I'm pooped. I have learned so much about what to do and what not to do as I'm creating art.  

For now, I'm ready to put my brain to something else and let the artwork ferment. It will be like making pickles. You put the stuff in the jar, heat it up, and walk away. 

Time and vinegar and heat do their job on vegetables. I'm counting on time away and the passing of days to give me some fermented perspective on my newly formed art ideas and techniques. 

Meantime, I'll keep drawing a little every day. That will be the vinegar, the acid, that keeps eating away on the new edges of what I have learned. 

Fermentation and art. Who would have ever thought that the two go hand in hand!




No comments:

Post a Comment