Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Two Weeks Ago, With Dad


Two weeks can be a long, long time. I spent almost a week with my Dad in mid-April. Here we are after the noon meal two weeks ago. I had pulled the CD player over close to Dad's comfy chair, found some music, and we had an afternoon sing-a-long.

We listened to a recording of the men's quartet that he sang in as a pastor, The Trust Company. Dad remembered most of the words and I knew some of them.



We had a good time identifying voices and seeing if we could remember bits and pieces of the concerts. And this photo of the two of us, well, I put the camera on the kitchen counter and took that image using the self timer on my trusty point-and-shoot pocket camera.

It was a good time together and now, two weeks later, it is a good time to remember.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment