Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Geraniums


The initial foray out to the plant places has been made. Six geraniums, two yellow thyme plants, two rosemary starts, and a couple purple sweet potato vines will be the ingredients of the porch pots that get planted this week. I couldn't help but throw in a few English ivy plants, too.

I always like to mix up the combinations for the porch pots, but the main theme is always a geranium, usually in red. Ed and I look the geranium colors up and down, trying to find the deep reds that we really like, but have found that the tone of the color isn't as important to our eyes as is the red. I'm actually going to mix the thyme in with one pot -- I figure a few herbs in the mix can't be all that disconcerting.

So, here we go. It's planting time!

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler





No comments:

Post a Comment