Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Madrid Bull


Here's one of my art journal pages from Madrid. Our tour group spent the morning looking at sights around city center Madrid. We went to Madrid's Plaza de Toros Monumental de las Ventas, the bullfighting ring, to take photos and just see what the venue looks like.

My kids always liked the children's book, "Ferdinand the Bull," so I imagined a storybook Ferdinand,  who likes to sit just quietly and smell the flowers, spending some time in the great plaza outside the bull ring. This Ferdinand is adorned with a music staff and treble clef. One flower grows from the pavement in the plaza where he can sit just quietly and smell the flowers, and maybe listen to Michael Barone's Pipedreams program on public radio.

My Madrid bull has wavy, squiggly lines that came from drawing on the bus. He gave me some fun time today in Madrid.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment