Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lilac Morning




There were a few quiet moments this morning to spend with a new sweater design and a cup of coffee. After my mother died in 2007 I spent many quiet hours working on a cable and lace cardigan. In these days and weeks following Dad's death, I will find the same quiet moments for my soul.

This cardi, in purple and looking lovely with the lilacs, will be for my youngest granddaughter. I always love the lilac time of the year. Last year a late freeze took most of the blossoms and the lilacs were sparse.

This year the courtyard lilac at the farm, the one that Lena Henke gave to Ed's Grandma Geiger, is a tumble of blossoms. That's where the bouquet in the photo comes from, Graywood Farm and the oldest lilac on the property.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment