Friday, February 10, 2012

When I'm Sixty Four


Hey, Willow Blog readers, thought I would look back at you today. Thanks so much for looking in on me and my world via the blog. So, here's me, looking at you, on my birthday.

I'm thinking, gee, how lucky and blessed can one person get to be?

Children, so dear to me, and such great people. How could I have raised adults like that!?

Grandkids whom I miss daily. How can they wheedle their way into one's heart so completely?

My family who love me. Sisters and sisters-in-law, the ladies of the clan. Brother (just Tim) and brothers-in-law, the great guys.

The nieces, the nephews. Their kids. What a gang we all are together on both sides of the family.

And the uncles and aunts! They are my Facebook buddies and email correspondents.

A husband who is my treasured friend and companion and whom I love dearly.

My Dad who will soon turn 91 and looks forward to these posts every day (and reads them on a tablet, nonetheless! Take that technology buffs.)

My Mom-in-law who is always so glad to see me, even for a short visit.

All the friends, new, old and inbetween, who encourage and cheer and sometimes, admonish me.

Oh, I could go on and on in my sentimental, birthday listing mood. Good food, an incredible country to live in, soft yarn, colorful fabrics, our gardens, my roses, my Chevy Volt (I know I shouldn't love a car, but I sure like this one), my golf game, the lake, the farm, the desert, sunrises, sunsets, books, my Kindles (yep, plural Kindles), writing to do, this blog.

Yep, life is good at sixty four.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Wanda, have a Blessed day. I love reading your blog posts, so informative and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it's warm and sunny for your b'day, my friend. We're getting some snow here in good ol' Pigeon Michigan! It'll be gone again in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good wishes! Ed and I had a good time finding some special places in sunny Tucson and, of course, there will be a blog post. WJ

    ReplyDelete