Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food Truck Roundup


I got to taste the fish tacos from Baja Taco at the Food Truck Roundup in Marana last night. Neighbors Elry and Sandy Schulte invited us along for a food foray along the lineup of over 30 food trucks at Arizona Pavilions. Under the light of an almost full moon, with the glow of a desert sunset, hundreds of food lovers wandered and chewed their way from truck to truck.



I had a yummy Strawberry Thyme popsicle from the Cyclopsicle Guy. Sandy tried his Pineapple Jalapeno flavor. Both were good.



This little girl, dressed in a baker costume, enjoyed a long balloon from the twisty balloon man. I took her picture and then she gave me a "high five."




Some people sat at tables set out between the two long rows of food trucks. Families and couples and teens all enjoyed the cool evening and good food. It was my first experience with food trucks and I can tell you now, both Ed and I would go back. Fun and food. A good combination.

A list of what we sampled:

Chocolate cupcake with Mexican cinnamon topping
Chocolate chip cupcake with chopped malted topping
Curly french fries
Mini donuts
Fish taco
Nacho burger
Caramel corn
Rice bowl with teriyaki chicken
Strawberry Thyme popsicle
Pineapple Jalapeno popsicle


Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler





No comments:

Post a Comment