Friday, February 24, 2012

Back Nine Javelinas


The critter count kicked up a notch yesterday afternoon when a bunch (flock? fetch? herd?) of javelinas decided to take over the fairway on the Number 15 hole. These three were grazing along the side of the fairway while another older javelina settled in near the cart path.

My golf buddies spotted a bobcat on the 13th hole, too. I was retrieving my ball from a shallow depression when I heard a cry of "bobcat" come from above me. By the time I climbed the edge of the bowl I was in, the bobcat was gone.

The Accenture Match Championship PGA event is just up the mountain from this golf course. I wonder who gets "shoo-them-javelinas-away" duty in the morning before the professional golfers hit the links? Oh, well. Could be rattlesnakes. . .or alligators.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment