Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hearts and Triangles


A grandmother's heart can be warmed by many things. Hannah, who is two and a half, polished off this piece of artwork at her school. Now that I'm hundreds of miles away, Hannah's Hearts and Triangles, guided and glued by her little fingers, speaks mountains of love to a sentimental, Valentine struck grandma.

It is a funny feeling to not be able to hop in a car and see my grandchildren within a few hours. Now I know how my mother and father have felt all these years of having family spread out across the continent.

Ah, families. Such a wonder. Such a blessing.



Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler



2 comments:

  1. So enjoyed reading Hearts and Triangles,it touched my heart. Yes families are a wonder and a blessing, so are friends. Missed you at knit club!!

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, today we have Facebook, Twitter, cell phones and so many other ways to almost instantly be "together."

    ReplyDelete