Sunday, July 14, 2013

Watercolor Bark


I was so taken with the textures and color of the American Planetree bark in yesterday's blog post that I tried a sketch of the bark in my art journal today.

I used gouache watercolors (Prussian blue, Naples yellow, spectrum red), a Pigma pen, and Caran d'Ache watercolor pencils (yellow ochre, greyish black, sepia, black).

The art experience was interrupted several times by experimentation in the kitchen with a sourdough bread recipe, so my concentration was broken.

The sketch is so-so. The bread was better.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like stained glass. It would be pretty framed above a shelf with some colored vases around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joyce. The bark in the photo was so uneven and irregular. It is really hard to sketch/imitate that irregularity. My quilting precision and knitting (even tension) makes my sketching hand want to be to controlled. It is good to try new stuff!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete