Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Aunt Nieta!


Yesterday was my Aunt Nieta's 98th birthday. Since Nieta is six years older than Dad, we can say that Dad shares his natal day with Nieta.

Nieta lives in Colorado with her daughter Karen. In this photo my sister MB, on the left, is visiting with Nieta  (center) and Karen at one of our April birthday gatherings several years ago.

Thanks to the wonders of SKYPE, we will be video chatting with Nieta and Karen this weekend at Dad's party on Sunday via laptops and other devices.

Nieta grew up on a dairy farm in the same neighborhood as my parents did. Her husband, my Uncle Marvin, was my Dad's older brother. Marv served on the local school board for years and always, always welcomed our visits to the milking barn. Those were good times to be a kid, when you had really cool aunts and uncles and cousins on farms.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment