Friday, April 19, 2013

Gloom to Bloom


Wide bands of heavy rain swept across much of the Midwest this week, creating flooding on many rivers and making late April into a generally gloomy time. I slipped outside on Thursdayafternoon, thinking that I might do a bit of clean up in the perennial beds, but gave up when I looked at the dark clouds gathering in the western sky.

By 3 p.m. there were tornado watches out for most of southeastern Michigan. The clouds opened up, thunder was booming, lightning cracked, and rain was pouring down.

All of this April rain and flooding should lessen the dry conditions that have taken the levels of the Great Lakes to such lows. Here's hoping that the gloom soon lifts, the weather warms up, and the flowers begin to bloom.

We are all ready for some warmer weather. We are ready to go from gloom to bloom.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler


1 comment:

  1. I agree! My commute back to Marion should be interesting today as I navigate the detours around roads closed due to flooding. I just keep hoping that the 26* windchill doesn't result in that four-letter word for white stuff. so spoiled by last spring's 80* weather in March!

    ReplyDelete