Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pausing to Remember


My parents were married on June 20, 1944. So this is a day for pausing and remember. Luckily, I will be in Wisconsin today and get to spend a portion of the day with my Dad at the family farm. The photo above was taken of my parents, Stan and Val, in December of 2000.

The family had gathered in the Washington, DC area for a baptism and wedding. I had finished a quilt that honors their 50th anniversary and it is that quilt that they are holding in this picture. My parents got to celebrate a 60th anniversary in 2004 with a big party and two more anniversaries together after that, as Mom died in January of 2007.

It is good to have days when one remembers the special occasions. Taking pause and remembering makes one thankful for people, like my Mom and Dad, married so long ago on this day in June.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment