Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chevy Volt: Ampera in UK and Mulch

Ampera billboard on the M4 near London

In May I spent almost two weeks in Great Britain and was excited to see the Ampera by Vauxhaul advertised on television and on billboards. Ampera is the Volt in UK. Check out the Ampera photos of the steering-wheel-on-the-right-side version of the Chevy Volt.

I thought I would miss my SUV when gardening time came. Not so. My Chevy Volt easily hauled six bags of mulch plus assorted flats of plants on one of my gardening forays last week. Loading the hatchback was convenient and, with some care, I'm finding that the back end isn't getting that messed up from putting stuff in and taking it out again, golf clubs and garden spade included.



The odometer topped 8500 miles this week when I filled up the Volt. You can see from the photo that I almost made 600 miles on one tank. For the kind of driving that I do -- often 100-plus miles a day -- the 82.9 mpg is very good. My best so far is 650 miles on one tank. I carry my charge cord and charge whenever and wherever I can.

It's a great car. I'm loving my Chevy Volt.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler




No comments:

Post a Comment