Saturday, June 23, 2012

Storm Over Green Bay


I travelled up and down two states yesterday, from one farm to another, a journey of about 550 miles. I left Sunnyside Stock Farm (my mother's home place) just after lunch. Drove US-41 north through Wisconsin, along Green Bay, and into Michigan. It is a route that is commonplace in my adult life, this trek from my birth state Wisconsin to my home in Michigan.

I followed US-2 along the Lake Michigan shoreline to The Straits of Mackinac where Ed was waiting for me at the Shepler ferry docks in Mackinaw City. Ed drove the rest of the way -- downstate on Interstate 75 and then up M-25 into Michigan's Thumb -- to our farm south of Pigeon where we arrived around 1 am.

Today's photo is of a summer storm moving out over Green Bay into Lake Michigan. This image was taken north of Menominee, Michigan, along M-35. I drove through five swaths of rain -- some driving rains, some scattered sprinkles -- as I headed north in eastern Wisconsin yesterday.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment