Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Journal Jumble

The Journal Jumble -- Blog log, Country Diary journals, weather log, travel log


My Dad got me started using a preprinted journal called County Diary. He used to order one for my Mom every year. Those journals became a wonderful record of Mom's life and I admired both my mother and my sister Mary who helped to keep my Mom's journal going, even in Mom's last days when my Mom couldn't write any more.

When my 2012 Country Diary came the other day, I thought I'd better finish up some of the entries in the 2011 book. So I got out the weather log that I keep for Cedar Bluff and the mileage log that I keep in my car. I used those log books to add a note or two about weather and travel to my journal.

I try not to be religious about writing. If I miss a week or two, I go back and write a general paragraph about happenings from those days. That's enough to jar my memory. I also tape cash register receipts, stamps, tickets and other assorted "stuff" onto the pages.

It's amazing what a little note, or a paragraph, or a piece of paper can do to bring back memories.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment