Saturday, January 7, 2012

Second Tank

OnStar RemoteLink as seen on Droid smartphone

I put a second tank of gas in my Chevy Volt yesterday afternoon. Started out from Cedar Bluff and drove over to Ruth to the Cooperative Elevator's fuel terminal. They don't have premium gas at the Ruth location (they sell E-85, though) so I couldn't fill up there.

I continued on to the Citgo station in Harbor Beach and put 6.9 gallons in the tank. My Buick Rainier used to take 16-18 gallons for a fill up, so it is really different to run my credit card, push the buttons, insert the nozzle and be done in a jiffy.

The funny part about the drive (about a 25 mile round trip) was that I was on electric power most of the way. So I drove away from the pumps at the gas station on EV power. Quietly drove away, I might add.

Alec McCormick who is on the sales staff at McCormick Motors in Pigeon asked me this week if I had driven my Volt in sport mode yet. Volts have three driving modes -- normal, sport, mountain. Each mode draws on a different configuration for powering the car. Alec is really impressed with the snap of the sport mode.

So, I tried sport out as I drove home from getting gas. Wow! I might want to drive this car more in this energetic, quick pick up and get going mode.


Total miles on the Volt so far: 1046

EV (electric vehicle) miles: 507



Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment