Sunday, January 15, 2012

At The Mouse



I brought my Michigan cough down to Florida to visit The Mouse this weekend. Ed and I are at a business conference at Disney. On the left is a metal mouse that had a walkway in front of it and a small post with a shelf at waist height.

"Ah ha!" I thought. "A place to use the self timer function on my camera." I set the camera for ten second delay, put it on the shelf, pressed the silver shutter button and hurriedly joined Ed for the photo that you see on the right. Ed, The Mouse, and Me.

Not long ago I asked my little friend Tessa how she liked her trip to Florida.

"We didn't go to Florida, " she replied. "We went to Disney!"

Yep. That's the power of The Mouse.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler



2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the location of this piece. I'm going to guess either somewhere along EPCOT's World Showcase or outside the Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contemporary Resort. We took the photo using a clever shelf made for auto timers on digital cameras. This might qualify as a "Hidden Mickey" for this resort. Not sure since I'm just learning about Hidden Mickeys.

    WJ

    ReplyDelete