Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Quilt

Hannah Lee and her quilt -- blocks made by her Greatgrandma Pauline
The pace of life moves very quickly when you are almost two years old. Here's Hannah Lee, caught for a moment, frolicking on her almost finished quilt. The blocks for this quilt, all 24 of them, were made by her Great-Grandmother Pauline Eichler.

Her Grandma Wanda (that would be me) assembled the top and did the quilting on my Gammill long arm quilting machine. I've been hand stitching the binding to the back of the quilt, but just for fun, I spread the quilt out on the floor this weekend and Hannah, without any coaching, plopped right on top.

So, here's Hannah in her white and purple jammies, checking out the new quilt that she'll enjoy for quite a few years to come.

By the way, I now make kids' quilts that are "beyond the crib." Sized large enough to use on the floor for a play mat or as a pull around for reading and cuddling, these quilts should stand up to lots of wear and tear.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment