Friday, June 3, 2011

Hannah's Stan Sweater


Miss Hannah, almost two years old, will soon be the recipient of this little cardi which I am knitting out of the yarn left over from my Dad's Christmas vest. The yarn is Brown Sheep Superwash Worsted 100% wool in the heathered color called Shane's Red. Dad wears his vest a lot and I thought Hannah might like a sweater to match.

The pattern is from knitting guru Elizabeth Zimmerman's book, Knitter's Almanac, and is intended to be a baby sweater. I upped the gauge and am hoping for a cardigan that will be sort of a little girl's shoulder warmer for summer. I'm thinking Fourth of July. Maybe denim capris and a top with stars and stripes? Maybe raid Grandpa Ed's closet to find three gold buttons from a discarded sport jacket? Hmm, one of the things I love about knitting for kids is shopping to complete the outfit.

I'm calling this Hannah's Stan sweater since she and her Great Grandpa Stan will have sweaters from the same yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment