Friday, June 17, 2011

Depot Museum Rosewalk


The roses are blooming along the Rosewalk that leads to the Pigeon Depot Museum Complex. Ed and I pruned them in spring. Yesterday I stirred the mulch around the roses. Most are red but there are several yellow varietals that blossom with a blush of pink. 

Last year daylilies were planted in the center section of the Rosewalk. I was lucky enough to be able to choose which daylilies would be planted so I studied the varieties and, hopefully, identified early, mid, and late bloomers. The first daylily is already open so I got the early lilies right.

The roses had been neglected -- there were small trees and big weeds growing up from the central woody stems of the plants. Gradually the errant, unwanted weeds are being displaced and the roses are now much happier campers since they have had their branches nipped and a bit of tender loving care.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment