Friday, June 24, 2011

Old Bicycles


Imagine riding one of these old time bicycles on Mackinac Island in the rain. The lack of fenders would make for a very wet back, I'm guessing. Here are some antique cycles lined up in downtown Mackinac Island.

This gentleman pushed his cycle along the sidewalk and then parked it with the others. His costume reminds me more of a drum major than a vintage cyclist. I didn't stay around in the rain to get a photo of the balancing act that it must be to ride and wear the hat at the same time!

Cellphone photo -- Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

============================

A note about dual posts: Some of you are seeing this post (and the previous post) for a second time. I left the charger for my laptop at home and resorted to using my Blackberry for posts. I'm not used to navigating the mobile version of Blogger and some posts were doubled. Anyway, I'll soon be back to my regular schedule and usual equipment. Believe me, I'm missing Photoshop a lot!  WJE

No comments:

Post a Comment