Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Island of Bicycles

Bike rental shop on Mackinac Island

For a few days we are leaving the land of motorized vehicles and escaping to Mackinac Island where bicycles and horses are the means of transportation. Arriving on a Monday when the traffic is light means that we did not have to dodge bikes on Main Street. By midweek, with good weather, the island will be crowded with cyclists and horse drawn carriages.

It is a wonder that such a place exists yet in this so-called modern age. Sigh and alas, I am doing screen time as I blog. I seriously considered leaving my computer behind but I am truly committed to posting each and every day in 2011. So, no vehicles for me until Friday. But there will be screen time, by golly!

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment