Friday, August 1, 2014

Sockie Samples



My computer and I were big buddies this week as I wrote and rewrote a knitting pattern for my company, Graywood Designs. The work is exacting. The math has to be correct. The photography must be instructive and motivating. It's a big job. 

Choosing colors for samples is critical, since colors that have little appeal translate into a design that is seen as so-so. This design, a little sock that teaches how  to knit a sock, doesn't have to fit anyone's foot. It just has to be a fun and educational project. 

This week's colors for the pattern are bright and punchy. When arranged on my dining table in morning light, they look great and photograph even better. Maybe I can stick with these and knit some more samples this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment