Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Classic Anvil


Driving home from the city tonight, I was watching the cloud formations along the way. A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for most of southeast Michigan throughout the day and into the evening.

I usually listen to traffic and weather reports on my way into the city and WWJ 950 AM radio was reporting caution through the day. That made me realize how on edge the Detroit area is with another thunderstorm threat after the storm that dumped over six inches across the area just eight days ago. People in Detroit and the suburbs are still cleaning up after the extensive flooding that damaged homes and roadways.

So this classic anvil cloud, container of bad weather, caught my eye. It wasn't a tall anvil and it wasn't billowing, but it definitely is indicative of weather that can bring heavy rains and lightning strikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment