Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Garden on a Truck

Todd Clancy and his crew brought a load of garden soil for the lake house today. Last year's garden, in sandy ground, was a minor disaster. It was hard to keep watered through the drought months. The deer liked the baby plants and I lost interest when the soil just would not produce.

Todd's company plowed cable past our house and happened to cut our irrigation system late in the summer. When he returned to fix the leaky sprinkling system, he wandered over to my garden.

"Gee, you guys need some good garden dirt. I'll bring you a load, okay?" Todd came to that conclusion after eating a few of the skimpy grape tomatoes that still existed at the end of the dry summer of 2012.

So, today I have a new garden, thanks to those few stolen tomatoes and a willing Clancy crew.

I can taste this year's tomatoes already.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment