Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Frayed


My old jeans are frayed and soft and comfy. I've been wearing them in the garden this summer. They protect my knees and legs from scratches. Just out of the dryer, they feel velvety and warm. They are old and familiar.

I misplaced a pair of jeans that I wore a lot in April while I was in Wisconsin with my Dad. In the afternoon, while Dad napped, I would slide into those jeans and stroll up the farm lane with a camera, or sit in the yard and sketch the barn while a cat climbed up in my lap.

Sometimes I feel as frayed as these pants look. That's a good time to pull on old clothes and take a walk, or go dig in the flower beds. Frayed is okay, as long as there is something to do and things to make better.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment