Friday, December 9, 2011

Volt Day Two


Late in the day I had driven enough miles that the battery was depleted. In the last half mile before turning in the driveway at Graywood Farm the battery indicator changed into the gasoline indicator and my Chevy Volt drove on gas for the first time with me driving it.

So here's the Volt with its "tank" being topped, sitting in the driveway in the sparkling Michigan sunset, looking for all the world like the first class car that it is. My quilting friends, in seeing the car yesterday, said, "Wow, it's really sporty." And that comment come from women my age -- I'm sixty plus -- and older.

I charged it outside in 25 degree weather. This weekend I'll pull it into the garage to charge.

Today's agenda includes more work on my long arm quilting machine and a media interview with a radio station. Very cool intersection of the old and the new.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment