Monday, December 12, 2011

Stan, The Technology Man


 
I can remember taking apart a reel to reel tape recorder with my Dad when I was in elementary school. We confiscated the kitchen table and cupcake pans from the cupboards. Each nut and screw found a place in the cupcake pans as we took apart the player. I always think that I got my love of technology from my Dad and that crazy tape recorder that didn't work.

This media mash on my kitchen table might be a result of being a child of Stan, The Technology Man. There's the Kindle Fire (playing the video for The Muppet Christmas Carol) along with an e-ink version of Kindle. There's the newspaper (Dad reads multiple newspapers every day.) There's my cellphone which I can't get along without and a hard drive that holds my photos (three of them, so far). The Christmas CDs join the mash -- I added five new recordings to the digital mix of Christmas and holiday music that I love so much this time of the year. Yes, I download music, too.

There's even a handwritten list in the media pile. Seems like there's nothing like a good old fashioned pencil and paper to keep the day organized.

By the way, my Dad reads this blog every day using a tablet computer. He reads books on his Kindle, too. This will be his 91st Christmas and he is up on his technology, as always. I don't call him Stan, The Technology Man, for nothing.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment