Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Adding the Desert to My Life

We are adding a new dimension to our lives. Ed and I bought a house on a golf course in Arizona near Tucson. This will be a new adventure for both of us.

We both spent about a week in December out in Marana at the new place which we now call Graywood West. While the going back and forth will take some adjusting, we're ready to do that as a part of our lives. I guess that makes us snowbirds. We will be very flitty snowbirds for now.

Here's a view from a trail that's easily accessible from Graywood West and a photo of breakfast on the East Patio. The walking and hiking possibilities are wonderful. I was out the door and moving much more than I do in Michigan during the winter. We ate outside as often as we could. We golfed twice during the first week even though we spent lots of time fetching stuff for the house.

2 comments:

  1. Graywood West -- so very appropriate! I'm enjoying my scroll backwards through your posts. Perhaps I'll get back to my blog one day soon too .... I like the idea of a brief daily post. seems doable. but my days are filled with little ones, and often I forget the camera ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you identified the "brief daily post" concept, Cathy. My main audience is my Dad. I wanted a way to have an email ready for him each day. The daily nature of the blog also is compelling me to mine the digital photo files that I have. That's been a pleasant, but enormous task.

    Thanks for reading and do come back often!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete