Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Swags


Christmas Swags -- 2010
 My mother, Vallanee Hayes, made a gingerbread people doorway swag for our farmhouse many years ago. The little stuffed gingerbread people are trimmed with rick rack and sewn together like a paper chain of cut out people. Christmas is kind of official when the swag comes out of its box each year.

This Christmas (our tree is still up so I'm still in Christmas mode -- sorry) Ed and I made a reindeer swag for Max and Finny. I did the cutting and stamping and inking. Ed did the critiqueing and encouraging.

Finny and John and the Reindeer Swag -- 2010
I used artist trading cards (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") with rubber stamps, art markers, ribbons, key tags and curly ribbon to create a swag that the Clarks hung from their fireplace mantle this past holiday. Hannah Banana will probably get her Christmas swag next December. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment