Sunday, September 15, 2013

Falling Toward Fall


At least five conversations this week have swung around to the topic of how welcome the autumn season will be this year. "I'm so ready for fall. Aren't you?" seems to be the dominant sentiment. 

Well, yes and no. My garden beds need my weeding attention, just as they have since April and May. The lawns beg to be mowed on a regular basis. My golf score, really, continues to show improvement. So, no, let the summer ride for a few more days. 

Then, in the golden light of the downed evening, the shadows turn autumnal. In an affirmation of the seasonal shift of color and temperature and temperament, then I feel the days falling toward fall and I know that it is time for a change.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler



 

1 comment:

  1. Not over here! Summer was too cool and rainy this year, so it felt so very short. Then there's the depressing Phillies season. I suppose I should want to leave that behind, but I don't. I'm hanging on until the bitter end, which is, sadly, this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete