Friday, August 9, 2013

Petunia Wagon


My Dad and his big brother, my Uncle Marvin, good Wisconsin dairymen that they were, would have called this a perfume wagon, but I'm going to label the manure spreader that this vintage John Deere tractor is pulling as a "petunia wagon."

Photographed at the Van Camp House in Port Sanilac, this unlikely floral tribute adds a wonderful touch of rural flavor to the restaurant's front lawn.

The tractor has the name of Grant Geiger of Bischer Farms, Ruth, Michigan, painted on the chassis. I'm sure that there is a story to Grant's tractor and how it got on Andy and Pam Fabian's restaurant's front lawn, but I didn't ask about that tale when we had dinner there this week.

So, we will have to return for another photo and storytelling session with Chef Andy. Oh, and we'll have dinner, too.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment