Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three Day Moon


I started calling this post "Wisconsin New Moon," but a closer check of the moon phase app on my Kindle Fire revealed that this is really a three day moon. Taken on Monday, August 20 at 9:19 pm  near Eden in Fond du Lac County, the image shows a moon that is 12 percent visible.

Whenever I see a sliver moon like this one, I think of Tony Bennett singing Dorothy Parker's lyrics, "I Wished on the Moon."

I wished on the moon for something I never knew,
Wished on the moon for more than I ever knew,
A sweeter rose, a softer sky,
An April day that would not dance away.
 
Let's change that to "an August moon" and wish for summer to not dance away, to linger just a little longer with cool nights, and few more meals of sweet corn and garden tomatoes.
 
 
 
Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler
 
 
 


1 comment: