Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shawn's Quilt



The old proverb, "Many hands make light work," applies to this quilt project. Great Grandma Pauline, Great Aunt Wanda, and Grandmother Beth all have had a hand in cutting fabrics, sewing Thangles, and piecing blocks. Beth finished the top and sent it to me last week.

I'm heading for my quilting studio in Pigeon with its long arm Gammill quilting machine right after Thanksgiving. This quilt top, made for Shawn Michael Pelton, is scheduled for quilting that week as are two other tops that have been patiently waiting for my attention.

Shawn's quilt is a cousin quilt to the Hannah quilt. Both Mr. Shawn and Miss Hannah are great grands of a mighty fine quilter, my mom-in-law Pauline.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment