Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Glasses



It's probably been three years since I've had a pair of new glasses. This time I went whole hog and had three pairs made up for me -- sunglasses, regular lenses and computer glasses. The computer glasses (shown above) are designed for closeup work that is slightly more distant than one would use for reading. And, yes, I know that I chose frames that are kind of nerdy. Such is life.

I'm finding them very comfortable for working on my laptop, for knitting, and for doing artwork. Rhonda Buehler at Scheurer Family Vision Center (her spouse is the optomistrist, by the way) recommended this third pair. She says she puts hers on for doing paperwork at the start of the day and finds that by the end of the day, she's still wearing them.

I did start using the new glasses just two days before my cellphone died. So, over one weekend I was getting used to new glasses and a new phone. Talk about retraining your brain, your eyes, and your fingers at the same time!

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the 3rd pair -- what do I tell my eye-doc so I can get my own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerdy = Trendy!

    I like them... and I love going to Scheurer Family Vision. Rhonda does a great job of "here, try these on" to help me find frames that I like.

    ReplyDelete