Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yep, Another Birthday


Oh my, it's the big 6-5. Another birthday is here. But, I totally cannot complain.

Food tastes great. I like to golf and golf is getting to like me, considering the times that I actually par holes now. I enjoy travel, but I love being at home even more. Good health is a blessing beyond measure and a daily gift to be nurtured with exercise and cooking.

My family is wonderful -- kids, grandkids, sibs and subs and all. My Dad will be 92 on his next birthday, so what is there to talk about when one turns 65? And friends, I am blessed with friends old and new.

So, here is a photo of me, taken by Ed, my sweetheart, last week while we were at Disney for a business convention. I had been knitting on the scarf that I'm wearing for upwards of six years. I finished the knitting on that afternoon of this photo. So my big smile shows my satisfaction at finishing a project and being able to enjoy the warmth of the scarf, all in one day.

The scarf is a sign of one more blessing that life brings to me -- that of making things by hand. I enjoy knitting and drawing and painting and photography -- all endeavors that train the eye and calm the hands.

Life is a blessing. That I can affirm today. And tomorrow. And always.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler








1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! You look wonderful...so good to hear that you feel the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete