Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Journal


I love the Coca Cola polar bear that appears in winter advertising. Last Sunday I copied the bear and logo into my art journal. Since I'm in the desert for the winter, I added a desert scene to the page, so that the bear is superimposed under a hot sun.

My tools of the trade for this page are a water brush, a Sharpie pen, and watercolor pencils. The cartouche on the left of the page records day, location and weather data, as well as sunrise and sunset.

Each page in the art journal features that day's first cup of coffee. Sometimes I draw the mug carefully. Other times I do a quick outline sketch. Last Sunday it was brewed coffee, usually freshly ground by my sweetheart, that I drank at 7 am. The sketch was hurried since we had company. This is a fun page in my daily art journal.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment